Monday, October 6, 2008

1 Week in Beaumont...

Hello peeps,

after 1 fine week in Canada, Alberta, Edmonton, Beaumont, life's pretty much picking up eh...

Beaumont is a suburb south of Edmonton city where there are ranches and farms and of course some housing to go along with. Despite being quite quiet and peaceful, it does have some stores which I could get my supplies from within a reach of 10 min walk... if ever I want to walk that is...




Life in Canada is so slow... so unlike in Singapore. The cars in Canada especially - they are the best drivers I have seen so far. There is no honking except for ABSOLUTELY necessary ones, no flashing of lights when the person in front of you is driving slower than you. Perhaps it's somewhat linked to the pace in general...

1 week here feels like 2 weeks already... hmmm

And I would be experiencing snow in abt 2 weeks time... cant wait !! Temp here is really getting lower by the day. By Wednesday, daytime temperatures will be around 10 degrees while the nighttime temperatures would probably go below 0.

Anyway, to all my Lunar mates, I miss you guys so much eh !!!

Drinking is so much more convenient in Singapore if you ask me eh; I can't drink and drive, but I have to drive from place to place... hmmm, so yeah, gotta find somewhere close and a bunch of pple to drink eh... Fyi, if I were to take a cab, to and fro would cost me around 100CAD, which will be 140 SGD.


Holy Shit !!! I will never take the cab man. Haha

8)

My favourite food so far, I would say it is the breakfast from A&W ppl... it's the real deal man... wooohoooo... I absolutely love the sausage and egger meal here !!!


Next post, I will be talking abt the food and probably my work ... stay tuned !

See you peeps soon !!

Take Care


P.S: Grace, I am not opening cannon , dun tink too much !! hahaha

No comments: