Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Money, Marriage and Kids...

My frens seem to tink that I am rich and I am ah siah (rich man's kid in hokkein).... haha. Although I do admit that my life is comfortable and I feel very blessed to have this kinda lifestyle, I dont really feel that it has got anything to do with me. In fact, I never tot of myself as rich, I am just very very lucky to be able to not worry about financial burdens !

In fact, I always feel that the reason my family is wat we r now is that my parents planned for me and my sis way before they got married and started a family. And that is also the main reason I so admire and respect them despite my occasion outburst of unhappiness over their nagging and stuff... hahaha

And this brings me back to an issue keet brought up the other day. He lamented that "how much money you have just organise wat kinda wedding lor"... haha. I dont really agree with him, although I dont tink he is wrong too. Perhaps my parents influenced me such that I too would like to plan for the future of my kids way before 'making' them if I ever wanna get married; then, I gotta sort out substantial financial stability before being able to do all these stuffs yeah... And I really hope that I would be able to provide my kid(s) with the kinda life that I have now... at the very least - that is to not have any financial burden in my family.

That y I always believe money matters, esp when it comes to marriage, becos it has so much underlying meaning for me - to plan for the wedding, my future happiness and my kids too.... hahaha

"Money cant buy Happiness, but there is hardly Happiness without Money !!"

8P

1 comment:

Adrian and Julia said...

Hey, ur thinking is very similar to mine leh. I also feel that I will most probably give my children some kinda fiancial stability. For example, I will set aside some money for their studies and marriage etc.

Yeah.