Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Back from Texas, Houston to start my Career....

Hello pple !! Me is back !!

As you all know, I was in Houston last week for a week of orientation in Texas with National Oilwell Varco (NOV). I have officially started working as a trainee for their Next Gen Program... so I will strive to survive in this harsh but properous Oil n Gas Industry.

Texas is hot, blazing hot. 35 degrees man... its like SG minus the humidity. In fact, one of our fellow trainees from china couldnt take the heat n fainted when we went for an excursion in the oil fields... so its tough man... out there

Ok enuff of the wrapup, here are some of the pics taken:











We met Scottish, British, Americans, Mexicans, Lebanese, Egyptians, PRCs, Canadians and even some Singaporeans who were recruited under the USA group. So it was a fabulous trip - the pple, the courses and the shopping.

Oh and I have gotten my rotation for the whole year. I will be flying to Edmonton, Canada for 3 months in Sept and I will also go to Texas, Houston for 3 months in Jan. So yeah, gonna miss CNY in SG ... but Xmas should be a wonderful experience in Canada man... I will see snow !!!

Wooohooo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------


3rd day of working is starting in 3 hours and I still have lotsa stuff to understand and learn. Seriously, I just feel very fortunate to be able to work for an MNC in this industry as the oil n gas industry does not really look for fresh grads hires often. So, I hoped to be able to crave a succesful and long career for NOV and hopefully be able to do well for my rotations before I get drafted !

Wish me luck eh !!

No comments: