Tuesday, November 24, 2009

"Someone once told me that I wasn't good enough as I didn't have straight As and was not as good as them" Think Again....

Haha... suddenly wanna write about this after reading a fren's blog on good study results and success.


First, let me be defensive and say that I have my share of frens who has done very well in their studies... ranging from 1st class to 2nd upper honors and wat have you... I have a 2nd upper honors myself .... but I also have good frens who belong to the other permutations (graduate or not). So seriously... what's the bloody difference ? The alphabet letters ? hahaha

After working for 1 1/2 years, I think I have seen my fair share of capable and successful people who arent necessary A students when come to their textbooks. Let's be honest, some people are just not good in studying...period... that doesnt mean they arent gonna be successful at all hey...

To be fair, one should absolutely be credited for working hard/smart in attaining high grades in schooling days. And studying do help in every bit to mold one's determination and perserverence, not to mention intelligence. However, I choose to think that the good degree is something which could fall back on if necessary, but I really dont want to see the day I have to rely on it. Ultimately, I do not want to dwell myself into the realms of predicting my progression(s) with my degree.... hahaha


And I choose to believe I do not judge people by their educational level. Whether you are a sanitor or a manager, as long as you are professional in your work, I respect you. Otherwise, one can be the genius the world has never seen and yet I dont give a shit on what he/she can offer given the bad work ethics. Most of the times, this is how I learn lots from the veterans in my industry - through interacting with them.


At the end of the day, you are what you are made up - character, morals, education, background, etc. A good degree just gives more opportunities I admit... but not necessarily success.


Well, I guess all I am saying is that high education provides one with an additional key(s) to unlock his/her potential to greater things... but the choice to unlock is still on the key bearer.

=)

No comments: