Sunday, November 29, 2009

When is the Right Time ?

I attended Kimberly and Guosen's wedding dinner over the weekend. And below was one of my conversation with a fren:

Louis: I think they got married too young le...
me: Really ? why ?

Louis: nah 26/27 is too young le...
me: then wats the ideal age ?

Louis: 40 ?? tsk tsk
me: .....

I knew he meant it as a joke... but this got me thinking ... so how do you know you are ready to get married ?

I used to think that when I get attached to someone like she is part of my life already, I will have the marriage thought(s), which I did then. But over the years, events changed my perspectives totally man...

Now, i think that the day I will get married is the day I realise that I cannot live without that someone... and not that the r/s is so stable and it becomes a habit or equivalent.

All in all, marriages and engagement are important decisions pple make to get to another essential stage of their lives, and they are most definitely happy occasions... a handful of my frens and colleagues are getting hitched recently... so all the best to them and may they have blissful marriages ! So happy for them ! =)

As for me... I need to at least have that prospective someone before thinking any further... lolz

So back to that question of when is a good time, I really dunno...


P.S: Let's all not learn from the couple in the comic strip shall we ? Tsk tsk

No comments: