Friday, January 16, 2009

Ling’s Blog which reminded me of my PIL….

Ling talked abt her client who is carefree and happy because he is living for himself. Important things are only family and money. Simple and sweet.
This entry got me thinking, like why do I need to work so hard if I have a good and stable job, great pals and ultimately an awesome family to begin with ? I can just spend what I want, do what I like as long as it is within my means…

Well… however, there is a catch here. I call it the “priority in life” (PIL). Let me explain, everyone has a priority in life, an ultimate general aim like what one hope to achieve within this lifetime. When one’s POL is to get rich as soon as possible and then lead the kinda life he/she wants, he strives towards it. On the contrary, if one ‘s PIL is to say be happy and live life to the fullest, his action(s) will then to make himself happy in every possible way(s). What is interesting about my thought is that I feel that PIL changes with age, time, experiences and character.

So I am speculating that this client’s PIL is to be happy for now. I could be wrong, but I genuinely feel this way. So, what’s to say that it will not change ? Give you peeps an example, a Canadian colleague (Dave) once told me, the biggest change in him was when his daughter was born. He was then a 27 guy trying to find a place to survive in society. “The one thing I changed the most is to be selfless. I will think of my baby daughter before anything and everything…” What this statement strikes me is that Dave doesn’t seem to be a guy who would say such things. Believe me people, from the stories he told me and the stuff I see him do sometimes … he is a “wild wild” man hey….

So what’s my PIL you will ask ? It’s to save as much money as possible to build a family. With who I dunno… just save first lor… then if possible save some money for my future child. Abit weird I know… well my parents planned for me way before I was born… and I am always thankful for that because sometimes everything’s just a little easier… so I want that for my child too… hahaha. At the same time, I won’t be stingy till it affects my general happiness… a little pleasures doesn’t hurt at all man…

It has always been at the back of my mind… just that I didn’t really put these thoughts in words… now I did…

=)

No comments: