Saturday, February 14, 2009

I like My Wat I am Doing now...

Did a conference call with people from Tuboscope and Downhole this morning. I was helping my department from the last rotation on some research thingy. The meeting was okay actually, just that the more I listened, the more I realize there is just so much that I still need to learn and experience before I could actually get to their levels. The stuffs, specifications and the considerations went beyond what I knew in just 7 month in this industry.


Maybe I am a little impatient, but I really want to reach their levels asap, but I too realize that this takes time to build up. Just like building on foundations, the firmer the foundation, the more stable the whole structure is. Perhaps a mixture of bad economy and me “tuanging” too much in office these days that I am starting to be a little anxious. You know, that feeling of knowing there is so much to learn but you just can’t finish learning in merely 3 months.

I know my strengths lie in my ability to relate to people, my planning/liaising and coordinating skills with an advantage of having engineering knowledge, so this is where I really want to start my permanent position come the June draft. Hopefully, all turns out well. And I am really starting to like this industry and my program for that matter.


A VP in Asia… that is my goal now.

=)

No comments: