Thursday, September 27, 2007

A Corrected Answer to a Comment

"How come you never think of wat u wanna do back then ?"

This comment came from someone i talked to about going into banking today.

"I din mature fast enough back then" was my reply.

But after waking up from my nap and sorting out my thoughts again... I tink I didnt say it correctly leh...

1) I went into the idea of getting a Bachelors in Engineering back when I was in secondary school and I havent regret a single bit.... despite me wanting to switch to something else now.

A Bachelors in Engineering is a type of degree that one can only attain at some time in his/her life. Eg. No offense to Business graduates, an engine grad will be able to go for a business degree when he/she wants to (of course with the money, time and etc). But a business grad will probably not be able to unless he is able to find a private school who provides lab facilities.

It may not be important to anyone... but it's important to me tt I get my engine degree for the least... 8) Besides, I am interested in engine stuff... just probably not working as one... haha

2) I believe everyone is somewhat eyeing 3 things in career (in any order depending on individual):

Fame, fortune and happiness in any permutation(s).

While fame is not really tt high on my agenda, I value fortune and happiness at the same level.

Happiness: I may be interested in engine stuff, but tt does not mean I will be happy being an engineer... hee~

Fortune: Of course, all the money lies in finance sector these days... who will think they are earning more than they should ? haha

3) Things change along the way and I just feel that I wont be satisfied being an engineer only and it's something tt I dont really enjoy doing... so I think I wanna venture into banking to see wat I can get out of the industry.


So actually... I did gave alot of thoughts to wat I wanna do, like assessing myself and finding a direction for my own career path these 1 yr or so. Perhaps I should have tried to look for my direction(s) earlier... but wat's early and wat's late ... it's really subjective sometimes yeah...

Oh well... meanwhile, I shall finish my degree while trying to find means to improve my finance knowledge...


8)

No comments: