Monday, January 4, 2010

A New and Better Year Ahead !!!!

Yes pple… it’s the time of the year again… where all would scramble for their bucket list in their hearts, heads, etc. desperately looking though to see if last year’s resolution turned out well… hahaha

So here’s my recap for the year:

Year 2009 has been quite a hectic year for me.

The first half of the year I was still in my training phrase; hence, I spent quite a while in Houston, Texas. Man, I miss the colleagues and friends I made there, especially the international colleagues. The experience was on par with what I went through in Edmonton, Alberta. After the training comes the tense phase of getting me recruited in one of the business units in Singapore. And I must say I have been real fortunate to end up where I am now. Great boss, fabulous colleagues, and critically I am able to continue learning while contributing to the organization.

The second half of the year was less smooth for me, mainly due to adapting to a new style of working. Unlike my training days, I need to depend on others to get things going while I used to be able to do it all by myself. And, I learnt that managing people is an art – the hardest of most jobs is dealing with people, whether issit the boss or the subordinates. Nevertheless, I overcame these niggling adversities and learnt lots about working in MNC environment. On the personal front, things are going pretty good; I have been catching up more often with old frens while making new ones along the way ever since I was back from overseas. And I also ended the year on a healthy note with the Stand Chart 10km run…

Ultimately, I think I have grown at a pace which I think is what I had targeted, both personally and career wise. So although the year could have been better (as always), I am thankful it didn’t go any worse… =)


And up next is the infamous projections for the year !! Like I said, more means less will be accomplished... but wth... hahaha

Here goes nothing:
1. Excel in my new project(s)
2. Continue building up contacts
3. Making new friends while maintaining old ones.
4. Continue learning at work
5. Travel a little more…
6. Spend more time with my grandma
7. Spend more time at home
8. Keep myself healthy and fit
9. Keep a lookout for potential gf
10. Do a marathon

Except for (9) which is probably not within my control, the rest are pretty much a continuation from 2009. So I am hoping to get at least an 8/10 items ticked come year end… haha

2010… here I am !

No comments: