Thursday, May 27, 2010

Education = Money = Love ?

Something about the general Singaporean women that I dun understand, why narrow the views and options to such an extent ?

Had this conversation with a fren about guys - summary is that a potential bf would die die have to be a uni grad, on par or above. Naturally, my next question is why cant he be below ? Dun get me wrong, I understand the issues revolving around financial stability and frequency, and I do agree 100% that commiting oneself to someone who lacks any of the two is bad... real bad. Just like it was reiterated to me "If he is earning $900 per month, am I going to be the one holding the life together... " And the chances are that someone of equal and above "status" would be a better fit.

Having a proper cert does gives one more opportunities to be financially sound; at the very least it is always something good to fall back on, no doubt. It also enables a common topic(s) to build on; however, I dont believe that not having great study skills makes one less capable and resourceful. Some of the more successful people hasnt had degrees to begin with... alot of the wonderful stuff that my colleagues come out with are not from the experience....

At the end of the day, all I am trying to say is give the person a chance; also, give oneself a chance to know the person better. For better or worse, at least you are not shortchanging yourself you know...

Whether two persons "click" or not has somewhat a potential correlation with status, but it does not hold all the time....

For all we know, the person that is meant for each of us would be vastly variant from how we expected !

=)


PS: I choose to believe love is blind... hopefully I am right...

No comments: