Friday, May 14, 2010

Plans for the next Half of the year.....

The sales courses I embarked upon this week has been more of a pleasant surprise to me. Instead of teaching us how to sell and more sales BS (hahaha), we were coached on the importance of planning and self preparation before the sales calls.

And actually, most of us has been doing those planning ahead of time directly or indirectly in our daily work. Just that, we hadnt really sit down and reinforce some of these ideas to fully utilise them. And the course also got me thinking a little about where I am with Tuboscope and where I am headed to.

For the past 10 months, I think I have learnt a lot - Inventory management, HR management, Operations, Sales prep and all the different projects that I have taken up. However, I tink I could have taken in more knowledge about the work... the technical specifications and the intricities of inspections, coatings and hardbanding. Dont get me wrong, i have been trying to absorb everything... but that's the problem - I ended with limited output with maximum input. I was kinda like dwelling into my own mess (digging my own grave) becos I cant seem to focus on one thing at a time.

The Inventory problem sure didnt help my cause; I was recalled to take up the project again. Then again, it aint an excuse I should be taking afterall. I am solely responsible for my own development with the organisation and it pisses me off that I had somewhat deviated from my original plans.

So, I have decided, the next half of the year will be of intensive hands-on work in the yard. To really go and see, feel and do what I should be selling eventually. At the same time, it might be harder to grab hold of me during this period too.

So peeps, bear with it a little yeah.... like my boss said:

"You gotta do what you gotta do..."

I just hope all of this will turn out well for me ...


=)

No comments: