Sunday, July 12, 2009

Our Ungracious Younger Generations....

Chanced upon this scene during the busy hours on a Saturday Afternoon...


I thought this is a good representation of the younger generations these days... but my argument may be a little skewed cos the 2 boys are tiongs to begin with. Nevertheless, I see this quite often on the trains these days(Drey will prob agree with me on this too...).

Reminds me of Jacky Chan's comment which caused some unhappiness among Singaporeans... well I tink that we ought to look at ourselves before we become defensive and retort these comments. It's a known fact that Singaporeans are not the most gracious batch of people. As much as Western culture is not considered a moral template, I must admit that Westerners are generally more gracious than us.

Which brings me to my next question, is this a result of different cultural clashes, our laxing educational system, softening parents, some ungracious people or a combination of the aforementioned ?

Very sad....

No comments: