Saturday, June 26, 2010

Thanks for the best years - Captain Kirk Hinrich !

It's pretty sad... but estatic nonetheless - Kirk Hinrich is officially traded to the Washington Wizards along with the Bulls' 17th pick for nothing (aka salary cap). And nodoubt, cleared the cap space for 2 marquee free agents, they did !



Did anyone smell Derrick Rose, Lebron and Bosh trio ? Or even if Lebron decided to stay and rot in Cleveland (I think highly unlikely) ... how about Derrick Rose, Joe Johnson and Amare Staudamire trio ? I meant all is rumor and talks now, but face it, Bulls' are the best destination for all the of them - fan base, money, reputation, good role players, great coach, and best of all we already have a franchise player in Derrick Rose, so we need just one (best 2) to be up there with the championship teams man.... hahaha


Okay back to Kirk Hinrich, i have never been short of praise for this guy pple... he may not be the best PG for the team, or he might not have been the best player out there, he is kinda like the jack-of-all trades veteran today - shoot, pass, wing defense, playmaking, rebound, leading the team, even succumbing to playing SG towards the end of career in Bulls' uniform. Yeah, pple say his pro actually became his archille's heel since he really didnt excelled in any category and neither did he end up bein an All-Star... Ah Shun asked me why I like him so much, this is why :


*qouted from a news article*

He didn't sugarcoat anything. He also never cheated fans from effort.

Hinrich is one of just 22 Bulls to play at least six full seasons with the organization. But he always seemed to be involved in rumors and, during an interview with the Tribune in October 2008, summarized his feelings well.

"I love Chicago and I love the organization," Hinrich said. "When you think about all the guys I got drafted with in 2003, I mean, T.J. Ford is on his third team. I feel fortunate to be able to play for one team.

"It helps you stay grounded, helps your confidence. I feel fortunate things have worked out where I've been able to stay here. But just because I've been here five years, tomorrow I could be gone. That's just the business end of it."


His passion, humilty, loyalty, professionalism and heart for the game is what made me his loyal fan !

All the best Kirk, you will always be remembered as Captain Kirk !



Go Bulls !!





No comments: