Friday, August 10, 2007

National Day - A day to Celebrate or a day to Ponder ?

Wat better way to start the National Day post than to declare that this is my 101st post on blogspot. Din realise I can be so persistent in writing diaries... let alone blogs.

Enuff of the narcissism, let proceed on to talk abt National Day. Do we really know wats the meaning of National Day actually ?? Why I say this becos it seems to me that NDP has been molded into a festival to many... whether izzit hols or the freebies at the NDP.... As such, I somewhat feel that the idea of National Day has really been distorted.

National Day has become a holiday instead of a day where we Singaporeans should see where we stand on the global front - how we need to remain competitve against other nations and how we could improve our lives better. Come to think of it... we are really vulnerable... a small hiccup in WallStreet cause so much mess in our own SGX Exchange..... I shall not go on to bore you peeps abt the repercussions....

Perhaps our lives are just too good and there was nothing worthwhile from the past(our forefathers) that we could remember. I am not really saying that we should always dwell into the past and stuff... all I am sighing is that NDP seems to be an avenue to showcase our military to others and to flaunt to our people that "yeah we are rich..."

In fact, I find listening to the PM's Rally more important than the firworks at Marina Bay. Oh well... maybe thats just me bah...

I rest my case...

PS: I never watched NDP ; only had a few glimpse while switching channel.... oh i saw the flying kites yeah... nothing special...

No comments: